DELICIOUS Baked Green Beans
Have you ever wondered what to do with those green beans that hid until they were GIANT? I found a good crock pot baked bean recipe that cooked them into deliciousness!
- 4 cups large green beans cut into 1 inch lengths. Note: Don't use green beans that are hard and dry or have a brown line down them, just the big beans.
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 2 tbsp dark molasses
- 2 tbsp favorite BBQ sauce (We like Bull's Eye Original.)
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup water You can use the bean water!
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 5-6 slices bacon uncooked, cut in half
Boil beans for 5 minutes to soften. Save 1/2 cup of bean water for recipe.
Add beans, onion, molasses, BBQ sauce, ketchup, mustard, salt, bean water, vinegar, curry powder, and Worcester sauce. Mix well.
Pour bean mixture into crock pot.
Cover bean mixture with the half pieces of bacon slices.
Cook on high 6 hours or low for 9 hours.
Alternative: Can cook, covered, in the oven at 250 degrees for 6-9 hours, adding water if it gets dry.
Let me know if you enjoyed this recipe by SHARING it on your Facebook page. Thanks in advance!