In less than an hour you could be eating this delicious cake!
My husband asks for this cake frequently and there’s no wonder- it is delicious. From the brown sugar/cinnamon sprinkle on top to the great apple flavor, this cake has all the right ingredients in the right proportions.
Fresh Apple Cake
Move rack to middle of oven and pre-heat oven to 375°. Once you begin putting all these Fresh Apple Cake ingredients together, you will be pulling it out of the oven in 50 minutes!
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup walnut pieces, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup cooking oil
- 4 cups chopped apples
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Mix ½ cup brown sugar with 2 teaspoons cinnamon in a small bowl. Reserve 2 tablespoons of this mixture to sprinkle on top of batter once the batter has been poured into the pan. The remainder of this mixture will be added into the batter.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients (sugar, eggs, chopped nuts, baking soda, cooking oil, chopped apples, flour, salt and brown sugar/cinnamon mixture) and stir thoroughly. Batter will be thick.
- Pour batter into tube pan. If you use a different pan, you will need to adjust cooking times.
- Sprinkle the reserved brown sugar/cinnamon mixture on top.
- Bake in middle of oven at 375º for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean. Yiels 12 to 16 servings. For a printer friendly version of this recipe, click here.
Homeschool Christian Mom Facebook page: We discuss the ins and outs of our homeschooling days and offer great ideas to help each other succeed.
Youtube: Homeschool Christian Mom These videos discuss homeschool scheduling, working with your Littles, thinking long term and praying with and for your students.
For additional homeschooling support, Join us!
If you liked this Fresh Apple Cake recipe, you might also like Molasses Crinkles.