Homeschool Art Project: So Blessed that I HAD to be thankful!
The Lord is so GOOD to us!
I kept thinking and thinking of all the blessings He has provided for us and guess what happened? This art project! (Directions below.)
This art project is recommended for the 10 and older crowd; however, I have had students as young as 5 years old do a successful project with assistance.
- Colored card stock. My example is on a red textured card stock, size 12 by 12 inches. Tip: Lighter colors work best.
- Colored markers of different thicknesses.
- Tip: For younger students, substitute washable markers or crayons.
- Ruler: for marking the dots.
- Tip: Younger students may need some help with this step.
- Pencil: for making the lines.
First, starting at the upper left-hand corner of your paper, draw a dot every 1/2 inch diagonally from the upper left-hand corner down to the lower right hand corner. Your paper will have a dot pattern like this: (diagram #1)
2. Next, using a ruler, lightly pencil in your diagonal lines, like this:
3. Start listing those blessings! You will use the markers to write your blessings on the lines. The picture on the left below shows the project from a distance, and on the right, close up. See how the different fonts, colors, and thicknesses of markers make your blessings look varied and interesting.
Blessing Ideas: Name family members, pets, friends, neighbors, fun activities, favorite animals or foods, community helpers like a doctor, nurse, postman, policeman, fireman, or crossing guard.
4. Using a thick marker, write the word BLESSED across your project. Good job!
Bonus: Thankfulness Bible Verses
Thankfulness is mentioned so often in the Bible that it must be important to God. The following verses are just a few I found that encourage us to be thankful to the Lord. (Bold print for emphasis)
Psalm 106: 1 Praise the Lord! Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever!
Psalms 92:1-2 It is good to give thanks to the LORD, and to sing praises to Your name, O Most High; To declare Your lovingkindness in the morning, and Your faithfulness every night
Psalm 100: 1-6
Make a joyful shout to the LORD, all you lands!
Serve the LORD with gladness;
Come before His presence with singing.
Know that the LORD, He is God;
It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves;
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.
Enter into His gates with thanksgiving,
And into His courts with praise.
Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.
For the LORD is good;
His mercy is everlasting,
And His truth endures to all generations.
Colossians 3:17 And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
If you liked this project, you might also like
Articles you might also like:
Homeschool Grading: Don’t Spend Too Much Time Grading Your Kid’s Papers
What is My Home School? What Does It Look Like?
Bible Reading Plan: How to Keep Bible Reading Meaningful
ABOUT ELIZABETH ESTELLE
Elizabeth Estelle, homeschooling mom of four amazing children, and now a grandmother. She has been married to her college sweetheart for over 39 years. She loves the Lord, teaches, writes, mentors ladies, and likes to cook. She cleans as needed. In her spare time she enjoys teaching art. She led a homeschool co-op for 24 years. Now, she wants to encourage homeschooling families to persevere and be successful in their own homeschool adventure, kindergarten through high school.
If you are serious about raising your children for the Lord and homeschooling, let’s connect:
- Elizabeth’s Homeschool Christian Mom FB group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1437739763026054
- Follow on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/the.elizabeth.estelle/
- Youtube HomeschoolChristianMom Elizabeth Estelle. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCETqNNg5wQIbz6m6qUPgNnQ