Spinach and artichoke dip with warm melted cheeses are a tasty combination. We even used this appetizer at my daughter’s wedding! [clickToTweet tweet=”Spinach Artichoke Dip: Eat it warm out of the oven because it won’t last long. hhtp://www.homeschoolchristianmom.com/spinach-artichoke-dip/ #goalaccomplish1″ quote=”Spinach Artichoke Dip: Eat it warm out of the oven, because it won’t last long.”]This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our Disclosure Policy for details.
Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- 1 box frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 2 cans (15 oz each) artichoke hearts
- 6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup Hellman’s mayonnaise
- 2/3 c grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese, divided
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
Microwave the chopped spinach for 4-5 minutes or as directed on box. Squeeze the spinach dry- I put it in a strainer and push the liquid out of it using a rubber spatula. Put spinach in large mixing bowl.
Drain artichoke hearts well and then chop. Slightly warm the cream cheese (10 seconds) so that it is easier to combine with the spinach and artichoke hearts. In a large mixing bowl combine the spinach, chopped artichoke hearts, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, ½ cup shredded pepper jack cheese, red pepper flakes, salt and garlic powder. Top with 1/3 remaining grated parmesan cheese and ½ cup remaining pepper jack cheese.
Cook at 350 degrees for 40 minutes until heated through. If cheese is not nicely browned on top, broil for 2 minutes. Be careful, the broiler works fast so keep your eye on this!
Serve spinach artichoke dip warm on crusty toasted bread or your favorite crackers. 16 -20 servings
If you liked this recipe you might also like Cheese and Sausage Stuffed Zucchini or Macaroni and Cheese with Spicy Sausage for Grown-Ups.
- Let’s connect:
- Join me! Homeschool Christian Mom FREE Facebook group with tips on grading, scheduling and more!
- Youtube: Homeschool Christian Mom These videos discuss homeschool scheduling, working with your Littles, thinking long term, and many other topics.
- For additional home schooling support, work with me!
- Alexa skills: Subscribe to Homeschool Christian Mom News
- Twitter @hmschchristnmom
- Do you need some extra homeschooling help? Use this link to get on my calendar and let’s chat! Move from being a hesitant homeschool mom to a happy homeschool family.
Did you try this recipe for an event or just to enjoy with your family? Let us know in the comments.
2 Replies to “Spinach Artichoke Dip”
Comments are closed.