Use an illustration to start your own creative juices flowing in this acrylic on canvas art project.
Tacky is getting ready to eat his fish sandwich! This 🎨#artproject 🎨 from Homeschool Christian Mom FB group is Acrylic on Canvas.
Get FREE instant access to my teaching videos to help you manage your time with your kids, teach effectively and keep your cool while homeschooling. My new 🎨🎨 #artprojects 🎨 encourages creativity and adds fun.
Materials: canvas, tracing paper, pencil, eraser, acrylic paints, paint brushes (narrow, medium and large), plate for paint, water and a picture from a children’s book.*
I recommend wearing an apron when using acrylics as they change from liquid to a plastic. You can only get it out of clothing if you scrub it off right away.
- First I painted the whole canvas white.
- I used the tracing paper to copy the picture, scribbled with pencil on the back and then used that to transfer the picture to my canvas.
- I added extra water to the acrylic paint for the background colors.
- Then working from light colors to darker colors, I began painting.
- Project is suitable for 5th grade and up.
- Join me! Homeschool Christian Mom FREE Facebook group with tips on grading, scheduling and more!
- Youtube: Homeschool Christian Mom These videos discuss homeschool scheduling, working with your Littles, thinking long term, and many other topics.
- For additional home schooling support, work with me!
- Alexa skills: Subscribe to Homeschool Christian Mom News
- Twitter @hmschchristnmom
- Do you need some extra homeschooling help? Use this link to get on my calendar and let’s chat! Move from being a hesitant homeschool mom to a happy homeschool family.