The delicious carrot crust on this pizza is low calorie. Even with my toppings including cheese, half a pizza was only a little over 500 calories. I picked apart a few different recipes to make this. It is amazing. Honestly, it is more flavorful than cauliflower crust (which I love)!! I wanted pizza and didn’t have cauliflower, but tons of carrots so I googled my options: lol.
Guest posted by Nicolette Sheehan, our go-to person for tasty, low calorie, healthy recipes. Thanks for sharing this, Nicolette!
Ingredients for Crust
4 large carrots
2 eggs (or you can use flax eggs)
2 oz Feta cheese (or your choice)
1 tablespoon basil
1 tablespoon oregano
2 large cloves of garlic, minced
Toppings of choice! I used:
1 cup cooked rotisserie chicken, chopped
1/2 cup Dubliner cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons honey barbecue sauce
2-3 teaspoons Frank’s hot sauce
2-4 tablespoons Bleu cheese dressing
- Put carrots in blender (I use my Vitamix) to get them chopped (or you could grate as well). Then put in cheesecloth or tea towel and squeeze out the juice (yum and save to drink) really,really good.
- Put in bowl with 2 eggs (or flax eggs if you prefer), 2 ounces goat cheese (or cheese of choice), 1 tablespoon basil, 1 tablespoon oregano, and 2 large minced cloves of garlic.
- Mix thoroughly, making sure goat cheese is fully broken up and spread throughout.
- Place on parchment paper and flatten into a circle (it makes a very large and thick crust)
- Place in 400 degree, preheated, oven for 35-40 minutes, till firm and browned.
- Add toppings and cheese of choice and cook 5-10 minutes more. You can broil it for a minute if desired for a crispy cheese top. I had leftover chicken that I put BBQ & Buffalo sauce on and shredded. You could use rotisserie pre-cooked chicken or even poach a chicken and then toss it in the sauces. I just used regular honey BBQ sauce & Franks Buffalo sauce from a bottle. Any preferred brand is fine!! I spread that out over the top of the pizza and added olives. I drizzled the blue cheese dressing and a bit more Buffalo sauce on the pizza and popped it in the oven. Click here for a print friendly copy.
Let us know what you think! If you know someone who is trying to cut down on their carbs, or cooks gluten free, please share this recipe with them. It’s a winner at our house!