I am taking up the challenge to write a list of 50+ things that make me happy from Manifesting Mom. Read my list and then take up the challenge to write your own list. What a great idea! Too often we count our “stressings” instead of following the advice of the hymn, Count Your Blessings.This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our Disclosure Policy for details.
In no particular order:
50 Things That Make Me Happy
- My husband! He is supportive and helpful. You can read more about him in A Father’s Love: A Tribute to my Husband.
- A good night’s sleep
- My oldest daughter and her husband. My daughter helps me with my blog (she is amazing). You can read about how we started our blog here.
- My grandchildren–of course!
- My second daughter. She and I have a little comedy routine we do while we clean-up the kitchen and it is fun to laugh together.
- My son and his wife. I love our adventures together!
- My youngest daughter. Thanks for sharing our travels.
- My friends at church. It is so nice to have friends that pray for me.
- My friends from the home school group. What a great group of people!
- My extended family. Yes, relatives are interesting but I have a good group of them.
- My yard. My husband helps keep our yard beautiful with flower gardens and an orchard.
- Our walking stick tree. It is beautiful year round but this picture with the snow on it shows off its unique branches.
- Watercolor paints!
- A hot shower at the end of a long day
- New socks
- Beautiful music to hum or sing to.
- Plenty of water for washing dishes
- A full refrigerator This means I have recently gone shopping and now I can have lots of fun cooking and baking.
- Meal preparation and the eating that comes after it! My favorite meal is beef stroganoff on buttered egg noodles. What’s your favorite meal? Put it in the comments below.
- Going camping and sitting around the campfire in the evening talking about the neat things we saw that God enjoyed making.
- Photo albums and digital slide shows. Lots of great memories!
- Books. I love to read– whether I am away on another planet, solving a mystery or learning about business or art or travel.
- My washer and dryer. It is nice to have them at home.
- Funny FB memes
- Encouraging sayings like: “Write it on your heart that today is the best day of the year.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Blogging! Did you read my article? Don’t Lose Your Sanity: Parenting Tips and Resources to Use with Young Children.
- Trying a new recipe
- Getting dressed up
- Going out for a special dinner
- Going swimming on a hot day
- Playing Boggle with my nephews
- Teaching art classes
- Watching old cartoons, “What’s Up, Doc?”
- Cleaning out a cabinet and getting it organized. It doesn't happen that often, but it does make me happy.Click To Tweet
- Visiting friends.
- Making a gift for a friend.
- Processing the fruit from our orchard into delicious applesauce or jam
- Making fresh bread (and then eating it!)
- Driving the 4-wheeler in the snow and taking the kids up the hill to go sledding
- Hiking in the fall
- Scuffing my feet through the leaves
- Visiting a maple sugar house in the Spring
- Finishing a big project
- Technology that allows me to talk and see distant family
- A new journal and pen
- Beautiful photographs of nature from around the world
- Chickadees They are always so cheerful, even when it is very cold and wintry outside.Let’s connect:
Homeschool Christian Mom Facebook page: We discuss the ins and outs of our homeschooling days and offer great ideas to help each other succeed.
Youtube: Homeschool Christian Mom These videos discuss homeschool scheduling, working with your Littles, thinking long term and praying with and for your students.
For additional homeschooling support, join my private client group.