In less than an hour you could be eating this delicious FRESH APPLE cake!
My husband asks for this cake frequently and there’s no wonder- it is delicious. From the brown sugar/cinnamon sprinkle on top to the great apple flavor, this cake has all the right ingredients in the right proportions.
Fresh Apple Cake
Move rack to middle of oven and pre-heat oven to 375°. Once you begin putting all these Fresh Apple Cake ingredients together, you will be pulling it out of the oven in 50 minutes!
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup walnut pieces, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup cooking oil
- 4 cups chopped apples
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Mix ½ cup brown sugar with 2 teaspoons cinnamon in a small bowl. Reserve 2 tablespoons of this mixture to sprinkle on top of batter once the batter has been poured into the pan. The remainder of this mixture will be added into the batter.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients (sugar, eggs, chopped nuts, baking soda, cooking oil, chopped apples, flour, salt and brown sugar/cinnamon mixture) and stir thoroughly. Batter will be thick.
- Pour batter into tube pan. If you use a different pan, you will need to adjust cooking times.
- Sprinkle the reserved brown sugar/cinnamon mixture on top.
- Bake in middle of oven at 375º for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean. Yiels 12 to 16 servings. For a printer friendly version of this recipe, click here.
I post recipes that our family actually eats! Why? Because no matter how good a homeschooling day you have, you (usually) still have to make something for dinner! I hope you enjoy this recipe.
You might also like: Rich Tomato Vegetable Soup to Keep You Warm and Keep Away the Munchies
I am Elizabeth Estelle, Homeschool Christian Mom, providing timely access to homeschooling answers for moms who have an “I’m stuck” moment during the day.
Youtube: Homeschool Christian Mom These videos discuss homeschool scheduling, working with your Littles, thinking long term, and many other topics.
For additional home schooling support, work with me!
Alexa skills: Subscribe to Homeschool Christian Mom News
Do you need some extra homeschooling help? Use this link to get on my calendar and let’s chat! Move from being a hesitant homeschool mom to a happy homeschool family.
If you liked this Fresh Apple Cake recipe, you might also like Molasses Crinkles.
Other articles you might like:
Homeschool Grading: Don’t Spend Too Much Time Grading Your Kid’s PapersWhat is My Home School? What Does It Look Like?
Bible Reading Plan: How to Keep Bible Reading Meaningful