Apple Puff Pastry Dessert is a WINNER!
This simple to make apple dessert will be a winner, especially on a chilly evening. The pastry is warm, the apple pie filling is warm and a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped topping adds contrast.
Apple Desserts are the best, aren’t they? The deep apple cinnamon flavor of the apple butter on the plate make this meal a real heart warmer.
Pepperidge Farm Box of puff pastry sheets 17.3 ozs. with 2 ready-to bake sheets
Jar of apple butter
Canned apple pie filling (I make mine from scratch but you can also use Comstock’s Apple Pie Filling 28oz can )
Reddi whip topping
- Remove frozen pastry sheet from box and paper wrapping.
- Thaw pastry sheet at room temperature for no more than 40 minutes or until pastry unfolds easily.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Unfold pastry on lightly floured cutting board.
- Remove parchment paper.
- Cut pastry into 3 strips along fold marks.
- Cut each strip into 4 rectangles.
- Place pastries on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until pastries are golden brown.
- Let pastries cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes.
- Split each pastry horizontally into two layers.
Form a heart shape on individual plates using 3 tablespoons of the apple butter.
Putting it together:
- Split each pastry into two layers.
- On bottom layer, put approximately ¼ cup of apple pie filling.
- Add top and place completed pastry on plate.
- Swirl whipped topping or scoop vanilla ice cream on pastry.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar (optional).
I post recipes that our family actually eats! Why? Because no matter how good a homeschooling day you have, you (usually) still have to make something for dinner! I hope you enjoy this recipe.
You might also like: Rich Tomato Vegetable Soup to Keep You Warm and Keep Away the Munchies
I am Elizabeth Estelle, Homeschool Christian Mom, providing timely access to homeschooling answers for moms who have an “I’m stuck” moment during the day.
Youtube: Homeschool Christian Mom These videos discuss homeschool scheduling, working with your Littles, thinking long term, and many other topics.
For additional home schooling support, work with me!
Alexa skills: Subscribe to Homeschool Christian Mom News
Do you need some extra homeschooling help? Use this link to get on my calendar and let’s chat! Move from being a hesitant homeschool mom to a happy homeschool family.