MOLASSES Crinkle Cookies are comfort food at my house and easy to make.
Looking for a soft, melt-in-your-mouth cookie? Try these amazing molasses cookies that are sure to bring smiles to all.
Molasses Crinkle Cookies
Yield: about 40 cookies
Prep time: 15 minutes plus 30 minutes in the refrigerator
Cooking time: 10 minutes
3/4 cup shortening
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup molasses
2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 cup additional granulated sugar to roll the formed cookies in, before baking
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy; about 3 minutes. Add in egg, vanilla and molasses. Mix until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cloves, cinnamon and ginger. Slowly add dry ingredients to the shortening mixture and mix until just combined.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Using a small cookie scoop (1 tablespoon), roll dough into balls and then roll into the granulated sugar to coat.
- Place dough ball 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Put in refrigerator for 30 minutes to cool before baking. When you are ready to bake the cookies, preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake cookies in preheated oven for 6 minutes in top half of oven. Check. Turn pan. Bake for 4 more minutes. Check. If they look almost done, they are done. You don’t want to overcook these or they will get too hard. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheets for about 2 minutes. Remove the cookies to a wire rack or wooden cutting board to cool completely.
These delicious cookies smell so good while they are baking, making the whole house ready for this nice treat. Enjoy!
Click here for easy print version.
You might also like: Rich Tomato Vegetable Soup to Keep You Warm and Keep Away the Munchies
Warm and Comforting Spinach Artichoke Dip
No More Repetitions with 3 Sanity-Saving Tips to help your homeschool day go better!
I am Elizabeth Estelle, Homeschool Christian Mom, providing timely access to homeschooling answers for moms who have an “I’m stuck” moment during the day.
Join me! Homeschool Christian Mom FREE Facebook group with tips on grading, scheduling and more!
Youtube: Homeschool Christian Mom These videos discuss homeschool scheduling, working with your Littles, thinking long term, and many other topics.
For additional home schooling support, work with me!
Alexa skills: Subscribe to Homeschool Christian Mom News
Do you need some extra homeschooling help? Use this link to get on my calendar and let’s chat! Move from being a hesitant homeschool mom to a happy homeschool family.
6 Replies to “Molasses Crinkles”
Comments are closed.